Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Learning How to Use Our Camera


 Today we had so much fun!  My new friend, Patrizia, invited us over to her house. (Her daughter, Lucy, is in Sophie's class.)   She is a wonderful photographer, and she offered to help me use our camera even better.  I wanted to know a little bit more so I can get some great pictures on our trip to Disneyland next week!  You can check out her website here or Facebook here.
 Lucy, Sophie and Johnny are watching cartoons while the Mommy's talk cameras!

 These are all straight out of the camera, I didn't edit them.

Patrizia explained ISO, aperture, and shutter speed in a way that I REALLY understand it, and I think I will remember it this time!

She also showed me the benefits of using manual and auto focus!
I had recently been a little frustrated with our camera.  When we first got it, I learned quite a bit on how to use it outside of "auto" mode.  But I haven't used it much in the past year or so, and I had forgotten almost everything!  I really needed some inspiration to relearn.  Having a personal lesson was really wonderful!

Here is the beautiful Patrizia being a model for me when I try out manual focus!  What a beautiful lady!  I must admit that I am a little enamored with her because she is so sweet AND because she is from Italy.  I absolutely LOVE listening to her talk with her beautiful accent.  I also love how she always calls her babies, "Amore"  Maybe that's because I often call my babies, "Love"!

 After a bit, we moved into her home studio and had Johnny be our model!  He got right in the box to pose, like he knew what he was doing!

 I managed to get some good pics, and it was very encouraging to have Patrizia look at them and tell me they were great, or suggest something that could improve them!

Ahhh, he is a cutie!

Then we got all the other kiddos to come in!  It was hard to catch them being still!  With an 18 month old, 2 three year olds and a 5 year old, there was defiantly action.


 One of my favorites!

Sophie posed in the box too!  She's a great model!

 I love the brother and sister love, and look at sweet little Johnny looking up at Sutton.  I noticed him trying to copy Sutton several times! It was precious!

Look at that little belly!

......and there goes the last of our models!

 Another of my favorites!

 These two of Lucy melt my heart!  Did you just go, "AHHHHHH", too?

 I always want to remember Sophie's sweet little toddler profile!

 These are some of my favorites, too!  Sophie and Sutton were really lovin' on each other


 Yes, I think I will have to crop these a bit and frame one of them!  
Brother and Sister Love!
(notice Sophie's favorite toy is in the picture too, included in the love, too!)

 Out of the studio and time to play and have some tea!

 Another favorite of Sutton.  I wonder what he was thinking!

 Lucy, we love you and your Mommy and brother! Thanks for having us over to play!  

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Great Pic! I think you are going to be a great photographer on our trip! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete


Chris and Sara

Chris and Sara
Us, before the little guy arrived!

Sutton and Mommy

Sutton and Mommy
Here we are at Sutton's 1st Birthday Party!

Sutton and Daddy

Sutton and Daddy
Father's Day

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP