We are having Sutton taking swimming lesson. Right now he is doing infant survival lessons. He works one on one with the teacher four times a week for about 10 minutes. He usually doesn't start crying until Miss Cindy tries to burp him. With all the air he sucks in, it really does make him more buoyant...since he is so little!!! But he doesn't like to burp, and ends up screaming!!! His teacher, Miss Cindy, says that he is very calm. He has been catching on very quickly and doing well. (of course he is, he's brilliant, right???) BUT,she says that sometimes isn't as great as it sounds. Some of a babies ability is natural, but you have to make sure they actually LEARN what to do,we can't rely on their natural tendencies!!! Sutton has had 8 lessons now, and has improved a lot. I've noticed that when we get to the pool and I tell him...let's go swimming. He sometimes starts kicking his legs and acting excited. Maybe he really does like it.
This video is from the first week.
This video is from the end of his second week of lessons. Miss Cindy is starting to do other things with him besides putting him in the water on his stomach and letting him turn over. He really likes to float!!! By the way, he is wearing his swimming shorts that came all the way from Maui. I think the do make him swim better. Miss Cindy and I have been joking about it!!
I got Sutton a Johnny Jump up at a conignment sale a few weeks ago...for $4!!! Here he is, his very first time in it! He loves it!




Looks like fun! I cannot wait to introduce Emma G to the swimmimg pool.
ReplyDelete