Saturday, February 11, 2012

Visiting the Firehouse

Have I mentioned before that Sutton LOVES firetrucks and ambulances? Every time we see one, it is VERY exciting! I thought it would be fun if Sutton and I made cookies to take to the firemen to thank them for all they do to keep us safe! Sutton agreed, he thought it was a great idea. So last Friday, we made cookies. I decided to use the cookie dough we bought from his school fund raiser, since it would require minimal effort on my part. Honestly, I was afraid that I might loose some of my good humor if we made them from scratch. Sutton loves to help in the kitchen, and he IS a good help. He just wants to "take a little taste" of EVERYTHING, try everything and generally be a 3 year old. Also, I wanted to be able to tell the firemen that only clean hands touched the cookies, and I couldn't guarantee that if we made them from scratch. Too many variables!!!

So after we made the cookies, (Sutton did a GREAT job throwing the cookies on the cookie sheet, and then taste tested a couple after they were done.) and took a nap, we loaded up and headed to the Van Alstyne Fire House! Oh, was Sutton ever excited......until we parked, and I tried to get him out. There were several firemen standing at the doors and Sutton got shy. He wanted to stay in the car. Well they were all staring at us, and we were GOING to deliver the cookies. My goodness....I had planned this AMAZING experience....we were going to experience it! Well, it wasn't that dramatic. I convinced him to get out, and he gave the cookies to them. The very nice firemen, then, invited us in for a tour of the trucks. Oh how exciting!!!




Sutton sitting in the first firetruck. He was still shy and wanted me to put him up there. I was holding Sophie and trying to take a picture. I had brought the fancy camera, but I just couldn't handle it, Sophie and Sutton!!!




Sutton sitting in the 2nd big firetruck. He wasn't nearly as shy this time! He looked so little in the big truck! Sutton also wore his shirt with a firetruck on it. The firemen noticed and told him how much they liked it. He thought that was pretty neat!






Walking up to see one of the ambulances!



Looking inside the ambulance!

After we left, the firemen headed out to their dinner, so we got to see the BIG firetruck leave. Sutton wouldn't get in the car until it was out of sight!

****Note: Sophie could have cared less about the firetrucks and ambulances!!!****

No comments:

Post a Comment


Chris and Sara

Chris and Sara
Us, before the little guy arrived!

Sutton and Mommy

Sutton and Mommy
Here we are at Sutton's 1st Birthday Party!

Sutton and Daddy

Sutton and Daddy
Father's Day

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP