Look what I almost stepped on, as I was coming back in the house, the other day! I was pretty surprised to see this little green turtle on our front sidewalk!!! I think he was pretty surprised to see me too....because we never did see him come out of his shell. I'm guessing I came close to stepping on him as I walked outside. I'm so glad I missed! Sutton was SO excited to see what I had!
He wasn't too sure about it at first, but I got him to try holding the turtle! I was a little surprised because he is VERY interested in anything living...bugs, ants, spiders...but he still lets me catch/kill them if need be!!! (He also tries to stay away from ants....as he has extremely close encounters with fire ants twice now!!!!) ANYWAY, he sat on the couch and let me put it in his hand. He was so excited and gentle...except for a couple of times he kind of shook it b/c he was so excited.....but no harm came to the turtle in these pictures!!
Isn't that a cute little face? After a bit, Sutton asked to go put it outside in the grass....so we did! I went out after a while and our little turtle was long gone!!!! Would you stick around after you had almost been stepped on and then shaken!!?? I know I wouldn't!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment