Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nakalele Blowhole

Faith and I got to have some really fun-special bonding time. We drove around the island to the Nakalele Blowhole after visiting the Dragon's Teeth! It was a really rocky trail (if you could call it that) down to the blowhole, so Kristen stayed up at the top with Sutton. It wasn't a trail to carry a baby down! So Faith, who had been there 6 previous times, led the way.....literally! One lady thought we were crazy to hike down. She asked us....."Are you seriously going all the way to the bottom?" I just told her, "yeah, of course" There really wasn't much of a path, and you had to navigate over rocks the whole way, almost. Seriously, if Faith hadn't been leading the way, I might not have gone myself. There was no set path, you just worked your way down, back tracked a few times when you came to a dead end...and finally made it. I kept thinking....please don't fall, Faith. She was more agile than I was, though....AND we made it safe and sound. It was so fun. Thanks for being a great tour guide, Faith. LOVE YOU!

One of my favorite pictures
Faith and Aunt Sara

This was the "path" to get to Nakalele Blowhole!!!
Isn't this beautiful?
A heart made by the waves!
Faith leading the way back up!

post signature

1 comment:


Chris and Sara

Chris and Sara
Us, before the little guy arrived!

Sutton and Mommy

Sutton and Mommy
Here we are at Sutton's 1st Birthday Party!

Sutton and Daddy

Sutton and Daddy
Father's Day

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP